eKalappai 3.0 version is released.
Here are the main features supported in this version:
- Supports following 5 keyboards to type Tamil in Unicode encoding: Tamil99 , Phonetic, Typewriter, Bamini, Inscript
- Keyboard shortcut (F2 key) to toggle between English and Tamil keyboards.
- Users can change the shortcut key to toggle between English and Tamil keyboards.
- The keyboard logic is stored in external files in scim-tables format(which is used in: http://www.scim-im.org/scim project) and some of the existing keyboards from SCIM project are reused here.
- Tamil99 and Tamil-typewriter keymaps are made so as to near fully conform to Tamil Nadu government's prescriptive standards for extension to Unicode as in G.O.Ms 29 dated 23-06-2010 and documents attached tender call of Tamil Virtual Academy TVA/SW/2010-11.
(Ref URLs : i) http://www.tn.gov.in/gosdb/gorders/it/it_e_29_2010.pdf ii) http://tenders.tn.gov.in/pubnowtend/uploaded/TD_tvu53245_teder_document_... )
eKalappai 3.0 can be downloaded in the following URLs: